As the colder months descend, snuggle into a cozy woolen blanket, in your favorite socks and this indulgent drink. At this time of year, there is no simpler pleasure than making yourself a delicious warming mug of hot cocoa, so give this recipe a go.
Hot Cocoa Recipe
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ Tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract or vanilla powder
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- pinch of flaky salt
- 1 cup milk of your choice (full-fat milk with yield the creamiest result)
- whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings, to finish
- Add the cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt to a small saucepan.
- Pour in two tablespoons of milk and whisk until combined. It will be like a paste.
- Whisk in the remaining milk and bring the saucepan to a simmer over medium heat.
- Let the hot chocolate warm up and get frothy, whisking occasionally. About 5 minutes.
- Pour into your favorite mug and top with whipped cream & dark chocolate shavings.
- Enjoy immediately.