Whipped butters are going to take your New Years Eve table to the next level. This recipe by Frederik Bille Brahe, an incredible Copenhagen based chef has gone viral on social media and we love it for its simplicity and pure decadence.
The butter whips until extremely fluffy and airy and is then piled onto a serving plate. It’s almost like soft serve ice cream! To elevate the presentation, we have piled the whipped butter into some beautiful crystal glassware and adorned the whole thing with edible flowers. It’s a simple technique that is sure to impress. If you don’t have access to edible flowers, feel free to use a delicate herb like thyme or rosemary. We love the idea of a long dining table dotted with a few whipped butter displays and plenty of good bread for dipping and spreading. So delicious!
Recipe – by Frederik Bille Brahe
- 250 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 1/2 Tbsp buttermilk
- 1 tsp flaky salt
- Place the butter in a stand mixer and beat for 10 minutes, scraping down the bowl every couple minutes. The butter should be very fluffy.
- Add the buttermilk and salt and beat again for an additional 5 minutes, scraping down the bowl every so often, until very fluffy and light. The texture will be similar to heavy whipped cream.
- Spoon the butter into serving glasses or onto plates making swoops. Keep the texture for a visual effect.
- Adorn with fresh edible flowers or herbs.
- Keep at room temperature prior to serving.
Photography by Noreen Wasti