We love a galette, it has all the qualities of a pie, but without the fuss. This version is filled with local apples and our favorite Fall spices including cardamom, cinnamon, and vanilla: perfect for your Thanksgiving table!
Look no further for Thanksgiving table decor inspiration with our brand new 100% linen table linen range, featuring gingham, striped and plain designs.
- 1 All Buttah Pie Dough (recipe by Erin McDowell)
- 3-4 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- the seeds from 4 cardamom pods, ground
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract or powder
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 egg
- turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, brown sugar, cardamom, cinnamon, vanilla, and lemon. Mix well.
- Roll out the prepared dough onto a floured surface or between two sheets of parchment paper into a rough circular shape about 1/4 inch thick
- Place the apple slices on top of the dough leaving a 2 inch gap at the edge. Feel free to fan the apples for elevated presentation.
- Fold the edges of the dough over the apples to form a galette. Pinch to secure.
- Beat the egg with a splash of water. Brush the egg wash onto the dough and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake the galette for 30 minutes, the dough should be fully cooked and golden brown.