For us, a holiday table is incomplete without brussels sprouts. Love em’ or hate em’ you just can’t avoid them during the Christmas season. This recipe has a little sweet and a little spice with maple syrup and Aleppo pepper. To add a festive touch we garnish with orange zest, pistachios, and pomegranate arils – pretty and delicious!
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ tsp Aleppo pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ¼ cup chopped toasted pistachios
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate arils
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the brussels sprouts, garlic, Aleppo pepper, salt, maple syrup, and olive oil. Toss well.
- Transfer the brussels sprouts to the baking sheet and roast in the oven (flat side facing down) for 20-25 minutes until very golden and caramelized.
- Serve the brussels sprouts on your favorite platter and add the orange zest.
- Sprinkle with the pistachios and pomegranate arils. Garnish with fresh parsley to finish.