- We, Sextant Limited t/a Piglet in Bed, operate this Privacy and Cookies Policy because we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and those using our website and the confidentiality of any information that we collect about you. This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out how we will use any personal information that we may obtain from you. If we change any of the terms of our Privacy and Cookies Policy we will post the revised policy on our website at https://www.pigletinbed.com behind the “Privacy and Cookies Policy” link at the bottom of each page.
- Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
- Whenever you submit your information to us, whether it be by using our website, by email, over the telephone, in person or by any other means, you acknowledge that we will collect and use such information in accordance with the terms of this Privacy and Cookies Policy. You will also be opting to be added to our mailing list for receiving direct marketing emails from us if you (a) specifically opt in to receive such communications (e.g. using our website), or (b) if you purchase any goods via our website and do not (when requested during our website’s ordering process) untick the corresponding box to not receive such communications. Please see section 4 below for further information if you no longer wish to receive such marketing communications from us.
- We are committed to ensuring that all personal information we hold is treated properly and in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) and our registration number is ZA858085. In accordance with applicable data protection legislation, we are required to explain to you how we will treat any personal data which we collect from you. Our registered company number is 02598278 and our registered office address is Sextant Limited t/a Piglet in Bed, Partridge Barn, Floodgates Farm, Castle Lane, West Grinstead, Horsham, RH13 8LH.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO if you have any concerns with regard to the way in which we process your personal data. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
- You warrant that any information you supply to us is accurate and up to date (whether or not the information is about you), that you will inform us if any information that you provide us with requires updating (e.g. email address/mobile number), and that if you submit a third party’s details to us (including but not limited to via our website) you have that third party’s permission or an alternative legal basis to do so.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- It is possible to visit and browse some sections of our website without being required to tell us who you are or reveal any information about yourself.
- If you register with our website, place an order, request to open a customer account with us or enter a promotion or competition using our website, we will ask for certain information which may include your name, invoice address, delivery address, credit or debit card number, expiry date and issue number (where applicable), other account details, payment account details (e.g. Shop Pay (operated by Shopify), PayPal, Zip Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay or Clearpay), e-mail address and telephone number. If you contact us, we may keep a copy or a record of your correspondence. We may also keep details of your use of our website, including but not limited to traffic data, location data and other communication data and those pages that you visit on our website.
- We may use the information about you described in section 2.2 above where necessary for our legitimate interests in the following ways (so long as our interests are not overridden by the impact on you):
- to create a customer account for you (which will be used to manage and administer our relationship with you);
- to send you postal marketing from time to time in relation to goods that we think may be of interest to you (please see section 4 below for further information if you do not (or no longer) wish to receive such postal marketing communications;
- where you purchase any goods via our website and do not untick the corresponding box to not receive such communications (when requested during our website’s ordering process) or click on any subsequent ‘unsubscribe’ link in any related email;
- to develop our systems and services and ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your electronic device used to access our website;
- to provide you with information, goods or services that you request from us or access (including but not limited to via our website). This may include using personal information to personalise products as per your order;
- to monitor your compliance with the terms and conditions applicable to any contracts entered into between us (including our Terms of Service);
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website;
- to allow you to participate in our loyalty reward scheme (Piglet Perks) should you register for that scheme;
- to notify you about changes or prospective changes to our goods, services and/or our website;
- to carry out market research so that we can improve the goods and services we offer (please note that you have the right to opt-out of receiving or participating in our surveys at any time); and
- to create anonymised reports based on your usage of our website.
- If you enter into a promotion or competition (e.g. using our website), we will use your name and contact details for our legitimate interests in processing your entry in accordance with the relevant promotion/competition terms and conditions (which you should familiarise yourself with before entering).
- In the event that you provide us with feedback regarding our website or any of our products and services, we may use and disclose that feedback to our suppliers and other users of our website where it is in our legitimate interests to do so in order to improve our website and the products and services that we provide. This includes any information that you provide to us if you report a problem with our website or any of our products and services.
- Where you have given consent or where you purchase any goods via our website and do not opt out of receiving marketing emails from us during the order process, we may use your information to inform you of special offers, promotions, new products, competitions and changes to our website via email. Where you have provided consent to receive SMS from us we may also send you such information via SMS and our SMS service may also use information automatically collected based on your actions on our website and pay prompt messaging (such as ‘cart abandon’ messages). If you subsequently decide that you no longer wish to receive any such mailings please see section 4 below.
- If you correspond with us (e.g. using email), we may retain a record of or the content of your correspondence together with your contact details and our responses where necessary for our and your legitimate interests in order that we can appropriately manage your relationship with us, to reply to your correspondence and for training and quality purposes. This may include us recording and monitoring our telephone calls with you for such purposes.
- Where we need to collect personal data in connection with any products or services which you request or order from us and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to provide such products or services or perform any related contract that we have or are trying to enter into with you.
- In limited circumstances, we may approach you for your consent to allow us to process certain information for purposes not referred to in this Privacy and Cookies Statement. If we do so, we will provide you with full details of the information we would like and the reason we need it, so that you can carefully consider whether you wish to consent. You should be aware that it is not a condition of any contract with us that you agree to any such request for consent from us. If you do provide us with consent, you will be able to withdraw it at any time via the method that we notify you of when obtaining your consent. Any such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your personal information for the relevant purpose(s) before you withdrew consent.
- If you register with our reward scheme Piglet Perks (https://www.pigletinbed.com/pages/rewards), we may collect additional personal information including age, gender, social media handles, payment account details (for the purpose of paying any rewards earned). We will use such information (in addition to details of orders placed and any other relevant details referred to in section 2.2) for our legitimate interests in maintaining and administering your Piglet Perks account and to make available to you any Piglet Perks to which you become entitled in accordance with the scheme.
- If you refer any other person to us using our website’s referral programme (https://www.pigletinbed.com/pages/refer-a-friend) we will generate a link for you to send to that other person. We will not ask you to provide any personal data of any other person to Piglet.
- If you create an account with us or make a purchase from us using a referral link, then the person who provided you with the link may be notified that they have accumulated points in their Piglet Perks account in connection with the referral, but we will not share any of your personal information with them.
Piglet Perks and ‘Refer a Friend’ affiliates
‘Refer a Friend’
Third Party Disclosures
We may disclose personal information about you:
- to third parties who are directly involved in dealing with any request, enquiry, order, competition/promotion entry, complaint or other correspondence submitted by you or in the performance of any contract between us and you. This may include our affiliated US company (Sextant Limited USA, Inc.) if you place an order for delivery to an address in the United States of America;
- to third parties who are processing your information on our behalf for specified purposes in accordance with our instructions;
- where we are legally required to do so;
- to third parties who are providing us with professional advice where necessary for our legitimate interests in obtaining such advice and permitted by law;
- in connection with criminal investigations, legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings where necessary for our related legitimate interests and where permitted by law;
- where necessary for our legitimate interests and permitted by law in establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention, debt collection and debt tracing actions) and protecting the rights, property or safety of Piglet in Bed, our customers, our employees, suppliers or others; and
- where we have stated or informed you otherwise (e.g. in this Privacy and Cookies Policy or on our website).
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we propose to dispose of or acquire any business or assets (in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective acquirer or seller of such business or assets and/or their professional advisors) or if we or substantially all of our assets are proposed to be acquired by a third party. Any such disclosure will be made where necessary for the legitimate interests of us and/or the third party in respect of the proposed transaction; however we will not transfer your personal information to any such third party unless we are satisfied that they are able to provide an adequate level of protection in respect of your personal information.
- Except as provided in this Privacy and Cookies Policy, we will not provide or disclose your information to third parties without your express consent for any purpose (including but not limited to direct marketing). We do not sell personal information under any circumstances.
- We may disclose personal information about you:
How do you stop marketing information being sent to you?
You can ask that such information is no longer sent to you by (i) emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, (ii) writing to us at Piglet in Bed, Bonnington, Jarvis Lane, Steyning, BN44 3GL, United Kingdom, (iii) (in relation to emails and SMS only) clicking on the appropriate link in the footer of any of our marketing emails or (iv) (in relation to emails and SMS only) by following the instructions in any related SMS message. Insofar as we may have previously relied on your consent to send marketing information to you, any related withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of our processing based on your consent before you withdrew it.
- We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know that information. However, the Internet is global and no data transmitted via the Internet can be guaranteed by us to be completely secure during transmission. We cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose online and we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default. It is possible that the information you provide to us will be temporarily transferred via a route outside the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area as it passes between us.
- We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and/or any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
- In certain circumstances we may use the services of an affiliated company or supplier outside the United Kingdom and European Economic Area (EEA) for purposes referred to in this Privacy and Cookies Policy (for example, we may pass your relevant data to our US affiliated company Sextant Limited USA, Inc in order to fulfil an order from our UK for delivery into the United States. This may involve your personal information being processed by the relevant supplier on our behalf outside of the UK and EEA. If we do this, we will require the relevant affiliated company/supplier to put in place appropriate technical and organisational data protection security measures (for example, as part of our contract with the relevant affiliated company/supplier).
- All direct payment gateways used by our website adhere to the encryption and other standards of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
You have a legal right to see a copy of the personal information that we keep about you and to correct any inaccuracies, subject to certain exemptions. In some circumstances you may also have the right to:
- request that we erase any personal information held about you;
- restrict our processing of your personal information (for example, to ask to suspend the processing of personal information to establish its accuracy or the reasons for processing it);
- data portability (i.e. to request the transfer of personal information to a third party); and
- object to our processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party).
- Requests of the nature set out in section 6.1 above should be made in writing to the Information Compliance Officer, Piglet in Bed, Bonnington, Jarvis Lane, Steyning, BN44 3GL, United Kingdom, or via email to email@example.com. Please contact the same address if you have any reason to believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate. We will respond to your request as soon as possible and, in any event, within one month from the date of receiving the request. Please note that we may, where legally permitted, reject any such request or limit the scope of our response (e.g. if, in the circumstances, the right does not apply to you).
- In accordance with applicable data protection legislation, we follow security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your information. We may therefore request proof of your identity before disclosing certain information to you or complying with any other request of or a nature described in section 6.1 above.
- You will not generally have to pay a fee to exercise any of your rights described in section 6.1 above. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if you make a request to see a copy of your personal information which is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively we may refuse to comply with your request in such circumstances.
- You have a legal right to see a copy of the personal information that we keep about you and to correct any inaccuracies, subject to certain exemptions. In some circumstances you may also have the right to:
Retention and Destruction of your Personal Information
- Any personal information held by us in relation to any of the purposes described in this Privacy and Cookies Policy will be retained by us for as long as we need it to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected. Further details of our specific retention periods are available on request via the contact details given in section 11 below.
- Save for any marketing contact preferences suppressed if you withdraw consent or opt out as referred to in section 4 above (which will be retained indefinitely), your information will be securely destroyed at the end of the relevant retention period described or otherwise referred to in this section 7.
- Whilst taking into consideration our legal obligations, we will on an ongoing basis: review the length of time that we retain personal data for; consider the purpose or purposes for which we hold the personal data in deciding whether (and for how long) to retain it for; securely delete personal data that is no longer needed for such purpose or purposes; and update, archive or securely delete information if it goes out of date.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
- Our website uses “cookies” and tracking technologies to ensure that you receive the best possible visitor experience. Cookies are small files which are sent by a web server to an individual’s computer which are then stored on that computer’s hard drive. A cookie contains text, and is like an identification card which can only be translated by the server it originated from.
- Cookies cannot tell us information such as your email address, which we can only collect where you tell us, for example if you subscribe to our mailing list. However, we may (where we have appropriate consent) use them to send focused online banner advertisements or similar promotional content.
Our website uses the following cookies and tracking technologies for the following purposes (further details about each cookie can be accessed by clicking the relevant underlined link in the tables below):
- Most internet browsers allow you to prevent cookies being stored on your computer. Alternatively you may be able to configure your browser to accept all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is offered by our server. You may also be able to delete all cookies currently stored on your web browser.
- The cookies detailed in section 8.3 above will (save for any such cookies which are identified as ‘strictly necessary’) only be used where you have given consent to their use, and you may withdraw your consent at any time to such cookies by altering your cookies preferences accordingly in the cookie settings area of our website.
- As mentioned above, some parts of our website require certain ‘strictly necessary’ cookies to be enabled in order to function correctly (which we use as necessary for our legitimate interests in ensuring that our website functions correctly). Therefore unless you change your browser settings you will automatically accept such cookies from our website.
- We may also collect information about where you are on the Internet (e.g. the URL you came from, IP address, and domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the date and time of your visit to our website and any search terms that you entered on our website. We may collect this information even if you do not place an order or subscribe to our mailing list, and will use it for our legitimate interests in administering and improving our website, for internal operations (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes) and as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure. All such information is collected on an aggregated basis and will not be associated with you as an individual.
- For further information about cookies and how they are used, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
How will you know if we make any changes to this Privacy and Cookies Policy?
We may amend this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time. You are bound by any changes we make to this Privacy and Cookies Policy with effect from the date of the change. If we make any substantial changes to the way in which we use your personal information we will notify you by posting a notice on our website's homepage. You can view the current version of our Privacy and Cookies Policy at any time by clicking on the Privacy and Cookies Policy link on our website's homepage.
What about third party websites that you can access via our website?
- You acknowledge that any content that you post using our social media facilities will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and that we have the right to monitor, remove, use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose permitted by law.
- You acknowledge that we will cooperate with any person, law enforcement authority or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting or sending material using any of our social media facilities in breach of any law (whether civil or criminal) or the legal rights of any party (including but not limited to intellectual property rights and rights to privacy).
If you have any questions about this Privacy and Cookies Policy or our treatment of personal data, please write to us at Piglet in Bed, Partridge Barn, Floodgates Farm, Castle Lane, West Grinstead, Horsham, RH13 8LH or e-mail us via firstname.lastname@example.org.